My brain isn’t working. I feel thick as a post. I didn’t even realize that was a pun until an hour or two after I put it down.
Nothing worth saying. Nothing much I feel like doing either. So the recent rash of blog awards gives me an excuse for a post when I can’t thing of anything. Plus, it’s really nice of y’all to give these awards, though I don’t really feel particularly deserving right now. June just hasn’t been all that kind to me.
- I love Greek yogurt. Love it. Especially the Chobani passion fruit and vanilla ones (with a drizzle of wildflower honey on the vanilla one.)
- It took me 10 years to talk Mr. Chickadee into wearing a goatee. It looks hot.
- I smoke American Spirit Menthol Lights. Yeah, still. I know I need to quit.
- I am currently watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek, and MacGuyver from season one, episode one, all the way to the end of the series.
- I like all kinds of berries. Except those weird long blackberries with the bitter green core and washed out over-sweet flavor.
- I’m seriously contemplating a return to my mid-90’s punk/grunge haircut.
- I’ve never been a bridesmaid.
- What is your favorite genre of music? Mashups.
- When you want dessert, what is it that you are craving? Chocolate-peanut butter ice cream.
- How long have you been blogging in general? 9 months. Well, I had a couple abortive attempts at blogging before, but didn’t do it with any regularity until starting this blog.
- What is your most favorite TV show? If not TV, movie? At the moment, Battlestar Galactica (on Netflix)
- Do you think you will pass this on to anyone? No, I don’t have the energy just now.
- What is your favorite color? It changes from time to time. Orange, for the moment.
- What is your favorite animal? Dogs.
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Diet Vernors.
- Facebook or Twitter? Twitter – Facebook is a minefield for me.
- Favorite pattern? Clapotis.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Both, please!
- Favorite number? 3.1415926535…
- Favorite day of the week? Saturday morning – the weekend is still full of promise.
- Favorite flower? Trillium.
- What is your passion? Research, and Mr. Chickadee.
Third, The Outstanding Blogger Award, also from Angel! What a sweetie; thanks again, Angel. This one requires sharing something “important” about me. I’m trying not to be flip with a silly answer like “I’m bipolar.”
So I asked Mr. Chickadee, who said, “you’d rather be outside.” It’s a good observation, and generally true. When I can’t think of anything to do, I usually think about going somewhere outside. Even in dreary weather, I still yearn to be outdoors. When I take a day for sightseeing during my business trips, I go to National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges, and trails.
Hiking and backpacking are among my favorite ways to relax. In fact, sometimes it’s the only way I can relax: a mile down the trail into a wilderness with no cell coverage, and I can finally leave it all behind.
Over the last three years, we’ve completed both of the patch-earning trails in the Adirondacks, the Northville-Placid Trail (120 miles, south-north), and the Cranberry Lake 50 (50 miles, around a lake). If I could, I’d hike the serious long-distance trails – I could list off a dozen 100-2,200 mile trails that I’d love to tackle. In some ways, it’s ultimate simplicity, sheer endurance, and a whole lot of distress tolerance – but remarkably rewarding.
I hope we can go out next weekend…
Finally, I’m claiming the Sunshine Award out of the selection offered by theartistryofthebipolarbrain, since I could use a little sunshine right about now – thanks for that. I think this one usually comes with some questions, but if it did, I didn’t see them. I tend to miss big chunks of obvious stuff when I read under the influence of depression. 😦
And… I’m not tagging/nominating anyone. I feel like that makes me a jerk or something, but I just don’t have it in me right now.